Sunday, March 1, 2009

Day 192: Psalms 139:24 - 146:5

Another amazing quality of our Lord is His faithfulness. Once again, our human view of faithfulness could never really do God justice. If I think really hard, the best example I can think of in my life that I could relate faithfulness to would be my relationship with my wife. And it's difficult to even wrap my brain around the fact that she could never be as faithful as God. I mean think about it, even if she absolutely refused to ever leave my side, at some point something, even if it were death itself, would eventually be able to come between us and I would be alone again. But we serve a God Who has promised to never leave us or forsake us, and He's not kidding. All we have to do is stay as faithful to Him as we possibly can and He will always be right there telling us what to do in order to stay in His will. He is faithful, He always has been and He always will be.

- Father, thank You for Your faithfulness. Even in the times when I couldn't possibly remain %100 faithful, You have always been right there waiting for me to come back. You have always been faithful and I know that with Your strength I can be faithful to listen to Your voice and follow Your Word. -

No comments: