Monday, March 2, 2009

Day 194: Prov 1:33 - 4: 26

Wow, it's so hard to think of one thing to write after reading chapters so crammed full of wisdom. I suppose the very subject of wisdom is enough right now to discuss. It's interesting because so many people out there seem to have a very distorted view of what sort of content is in the Bible. People think that the Bible is just full of rules and boring instructions on how to eventually get to Heaven, but we can see in books like Proverbs that God is so incredibly interested in us having the wisdom required to be happy and successful in this life. God doesn't want us walking around in the dark wondering if what we're doing is right. God wants us to just search and we will find Wisdom. I love how Solomon refers to wisdom as if it were a person rather than an abstract thing. I think there's alot more to that than a simple matter of grammar. We're not supposed to see wisdom as some sort of item or commodity, Wisdom is something that we must search for that will stay by our side and walk through this life as long as we welcome it in.

- Lord, help me to stay close to wisdom and not let it get away. Your Word tells us that if we will ask for Wisdom, You will give it to us and I thank You that in this book of the Bible I can not only gain more wisdom, I can also learn how to keep it and not let it disappear. -

No comments: