Saturday, March 21, 2009

Day 218: Is 41:29 - 44:27

You know, I've never really thought very deep into it, but now that I think about it, it seems like we, as humans, have a tendency to think of God as someone who, even when He wants to help us, just sits back and lets us come to Him. It seems like the default way to look at it is when we fall and hurt ourselves, it's our job to crawl back to Him and then He'll let us back. But looking at these passages, we're reminded that God is ready to do whatever it takes to get us back into His arms. God is willing to trade in the entire world to have His people come back and let Him take care of them. I mean, obviously God is willing to work towards it, He sent His one and only Son to be killed so that we could be with Him. I think we need to stop looking at God as if He were some angry parent standing at the front door waiting for His misbehaved child to come home and understand that He wants more than anything else to go out, find His children and take them home.

- Father, help me to stop thinking of You as an angry parent waiting for the lost of the world to come back to You. You are a God of mercy and devotion to Your children and help me to be Your hands and You feet so that through me, You will be able to go out into the world and bring Your children home. -

No comments: