Saturday, March 28, 2009

Day 223: Is 65:1 - Jer 2:17

The beginning of the book of Jeremiah is a very encouraging way to start of a book of the Bible. Jeremiah didn't spend his entire life looking and searching for a purpose. He didn't consult all of the wisest and best spiritual leaders of the town to find out what his purpose was. He was simply faithful to God and God laid it all out right in front of him. It's sad to say that alot of believers today think that it's their job to search out and travel far and wide in order to find out what God has planned for their lives. I think if we will just be faithful to do what God said to do right now, He will show us the next step and He will ultimately show us what He has created us for. I also love the fact that God didn't just tell him what to do and then left him to do it. God explained to him that He would be right by his side all of the time and God reassured him that all he needed to do was trust in God and he would be taken care of.

- Lord, thank You for showing me what You want me to do with my life. I know that You haven't shown me every detail yet, but You have shown me where to start and You've promised me that You'll not only be nearby watching, but You will pick me up when I fall and push me forward when I'm not sure I can go on. -

No comments: