Monday, March 2, 2009

Day 195: Prov 4:27 - 7:27

This group of scripture speaks alot about adultery and the consequences of ignoring wisdom in our lives. It's interesting because reading the consequences reminds me so much of our society, and sadly, many Christians' lives. Adultery is such a disgusting sin, and it's also one that seems to come in so many forms, some not necessarily guarding the relationship between a man and his wife. For some reason, when I read these verses, I tend to look at them more in the light of being spiritually faithful to God. Don't get me wrong, these principles are clearly ones that pertain directly to the relationship between a man and his wife, but I believe there are also so many different applications. There are so many people who have been unfaithful to out God and their lives bear the fruit of that unfaithfulness. Just like the adulteress in these passages, there are so many things in our world that are vying for our attention trying to get us to turn from God and allow ourselves to be overcome by their own "beauty." We must remember that those temptations are nothing but empty, perverted imitations of something wonderful and pure and if we will remain faithful to our Lord, we will no doubt see the fruit of that faithfulness.

- Lord, help me to keep the wisdom that You've given me regarding adultery deep in my heart. Help me to guard myself not just in regards to my relationship with my wife, but also in my relationship with You. I don't want to waste my life on a cheap imitation of the real thing. I want the real relationship and all that comes with it! -

No comments: