Thursday, March 12, 2009

Day 208: Song 6:9 - Is 2:22

As we end the books of poetry and move into the books of Prophecy, I think the second point that I can glean from the book of the Song of Solomon is a great one to consider. Previously, I wrote about the importance and significance of a loving relationship between a man and his wife. In this entry, I want to talk about the obvious parallel that this book has with God's love for His people and the example that this book gives us on how to love Him. I think there are alot of people out there who have a "relationship" with God, but it only goes as far as them feeling like they can gripe to Him about their problems and maybe He'll be nice and help them. Once we get a real revelation of the extent and the depth of God's love for us, it's almost impossible to go through life with the same view of Him and the way our relationship with Him should be. We were created for Him and He loves us more than anything in the entire universe. And amazingly enough, once we finally get to the point where we simply love Him unconditionally all of the other stuff will just fall into place.

- Lord, help me to love You simply for who You are and nothing more. It's easy to get wrapped up in focusing on what You can do for me or how You can help me out, but I know that You are the reason I'm alive and if I will just open myself up to You, You will love me and teach me how to love in a way that only You can. -

No comments: