Monday, March 2, 2009

Day 193: Psalms 146:6 - Proverbs 1:32

As we close out the book of Psalms, we read somewhat of a conclusion that pretty much sums up the purpose for this amazing book - Praise. We live in a society where all sorts of people receive all sorts of praise for all sorts of things, and none of it is well deserved. Our God is so high above anything on the earth or in our society, next to Him, the things of this world would be better suited for curses. God is worthy to be praised and it is our duty to do everything in our power to give Him the praise that He deserves. In Luke, we read an awesome quote of Jesus' where He reminds us that if we won't be faithful to praise Him, then the rocks would just end up crying out in praise. We are God's greatest creation and to not show Him the honor that He deserves would just be a slap in the face for Him. He created us for many reasons, one of which is to spend our lives offering praise and honor to Him for all that He has done in us and through us.

- Lord, I want to offer all of my praise and worship to You. You are deserving of so much more than I could ever be able to give, but I will give what I can. You created me and everything around me and though I may not have much to offer, I offer up my praise to You. As long as there is breath in my lungs, I will worship You! -

No comments: