Thursday, March 12, 2009

Day 207: Song 1:1 - 6:8

I've gotta say, this passage is definitely a refreshing one compared to some of the more serious books I've read so far. There are two things that I can gather from this passage. The first one I'll talk about now and the second, I'll write more about in my next entry. The first thing I noticed was the beautiful example of how a man and wife should love each other. It's sad to see how modern media usually perverts and twists marriage into appearing to be something more like prison or torture. I think every married couple should read this passage and weigh their marriage against the words in it. The love between a man and a woman shouldn't be something that wears out over time or becomes something commonplace. The love that my wife and I share is something beautiful and I pray that each and every day will make our love grow stronger and more beautiful. And for those of you who aren't married yet or can't necessarily say that their love comes close to the love demonstrated in this book, this is definitely an example to work towards. God loves us and He wants us to have the freedom to participate in the same level of love demonstrated in the Song of Solomon.

- Lord, help me to love my wife with a love that only You can give through me. Help me to view my marriage through the eyes of Your Word and make decisions that will reflect Your love through my marriage. I understand that my marriage is one of the most important earthly relationships I could ever have and I want to do everything I can to live it to the fullest. -

No comments: