Monday, March 23, 2009

Day 220: Is 49:1 - 53:12

It's easy to feel like God is so incredibly big that He would never want to take the time to deal with people so small and insignificant as us. And yet throughout the book of Isaiah, we see such wonderful examples of our God Who is enormous and strong enough to dry up all of the waters on the earth and put out the lights in the sky, and He still has enough love for us to come down to our level and involve Himself in every area of our lives that we will allow Him to be a part of. One of the biggest lies that the devil tries to throw at us is that we are too small and insignificant for God to waste His time with. I think sometimes, the devil knows that he doesn't have a chance getting us to turn our backs on Christianity, but he knows that if he can at least discourage us enough, we will go through our entire lives without knowing the true victory that God is offering us. We must always remember that God desires to see us successful and blessed in every area of our lives. Not just so that we can show off, but so that we can show Him off and bring glory to His name!

- Lord, come in and take over every area of my life. I don't want to barely make it into Heaven. I want to come flying in with hundreds of thousands of changed lives right behind me because I have listened to Your voice and opened my life up to You. You are worthy of everything I have to offer so I offer You everything I have so You can use and work through me as You see fit. -

No comments: