Saturday, March 28, 2009

Day 222: Is 59:21 - 64:12

I love how even a heavy and mostly negative book like Isaiah still shows us that we serve a God of redemption. I think one of the best qualities of this book is the deep contrasts between being under the blessing of God and being under a curse. There are alot of people out there who seem to think that God is the one who makes that determination. If He wants to fight us and make our lives miserable. If He wants to completely bless us and make our lives amazing, He will. And if He wants to just completely ignore us and leave us to fend for ourselves, well then He'll just do that. But the truth is, God wants to shower His blessings on each and every one of us, but we have to understand that it's entirely up to us as to whether or not that will happen. God has given us His Word and in it are thousands of examples of what to do and how to do it. It would be crazy for Him to just blindly bless everyone regardless of whether or not they serve Him. God has a deep desire to bless us and rescue us from the attacks of the enemy, we just have to be faithful first to follow Him and let Him pull us out of the pit that we're in.

- Lord, I know that blessings from You aren't just some random shot in the dark that You give out like You see fit. You honor those who honor Your Word. Help me to be more like on of those people not just so I can be blessed and have alot of stuff, but so that I can be a light and use the blessings that You have given me to bless those around me. -

No comments: