Monday, March 16, 2009

Day 211: Is 10:34 - 15:2

I really like this passage because, for some reason, it reminds me of Psalms 91. It seems like throughout these verses, we see alot of death and destruction going on. We see prophecy or Babylon being crushed, Assyrians being destroyed, Philistia being put so shame, and Moab being reduced to ruins. And yet, in the middle of all of it, we see the nation of Israel standing tall and living in the blessing that God promised them. I definitely see this as a picture of the church in our modern society. It seems like so many people, organizations, and even cities are signing their own death warrants. They're aiming their weapons straight up in the air as if to attack God. But what they don't realize is that the gravity of their own sinful lives is pulling the bullets straight down onto their own heads. But God is protecting His people. If we rebel and participate in the sinfulness of our society, we can't be protected, but if we will seek God first, He will make sure that no matter how much death and destruction happens around us, we will be protected.

- Lord, help me not to be distracted or dismayed by the destruction going on around me. You are my provider and You will protect me as long as I will look to You. You are always faithful to protect Your children no matter what is happening around them. -

No comments: