Monday, March 16, 2009

Day 210: Is 7:1 - 10:33

The books of Prophecy are so full of content and a little confusing. I may be wrong, but it seems like the writer skips back and forth between the time period that he is living in and the time when Jesus comes. The interesting thing about what I've read so far is that it doesn't appear that God ever just leaves His people without hope. There are verses and verses filled with doom and death and destruction, but then mixed in throughout those passages is hope and a promise of redemption. We must always understand that the choices we make today can very drastically affect the outcome of future events. But even if we find ourselves in terrible situations as a result of past mistakes, we absolutely must understand that we serve a God of redemption and He will be there waiting to pick us back up. I guarantee the Israelites had plenty of times where it felt like it was all over and God would never again hear their cries, but God was always listening and He will always listen to us and deliver us if we will be faithful to turn to Him.

- Father, no matter what sort of mess I find myself in, I know that You are faithful and You will pick me up and deliver me from the pit I'm in. You are always faithful to lift us up when we've fallen. -

No comments: