Friday, March 6, 2009

Day 202: Prov 24:34 - 27:27

The importance of relationships is a very common theme throughout the book of Proverbs. There are alot of good Christian people out there who think that it's smarter to go through life just me and God. They think that they don't need human relationships because they just slow them down. And then there are other people who think that it's OK to just find anyone to be your friend and it doesn't matter who they are, all that matters is who you are. I believe both of those thoughts are wrong. God has called us to build relationships with those around us and He's instructed us to be careful who we spend time with. We understand that a fool will trust anyone and not give a second thought to it, but wise people get to know who they're dealing with before they strike a covenant with another person. God wants us to pay attention to the relationships put in front of us so that we will have the support we need to accomplish all that God has called us to do.

- Lord, help me to not take for granted to Godly relationships that You've given me. Thank You for putting people in my life who want to accomplish the same things for Your kingdom and I pray that You help me hold on to those relationships as long as possible. -

No comments: