Sunday, March 22, 2009

Day 219: Is 44:28 - 48:22

I love the part in this passage that talks about the futility of questioning God's authority. Isaiah compares it to a piece of pottery trying to tell the potter what to make, or an unborn child griping at his mother for forcing him to live inside her belly. We as Christians often times find ourselves in situations where we act like this, and if we take a step back and look at things in perspective, it really doesn't make much sense. Who are we to tell God what is best for us or anyone else for that matter? Who are we to complain and say that we "deserve" something better or easier. Based on our sinful nature, all we really deserve is death and hell, so I'm thinking maybe we should just let the God who created us make the decisions for us. I don't know much about pottery, but I do know that if the potter is trying to make something and the piece of clay doesn't seem to be cooperating, the potter will oftentimes smash the piece of clay back into a useless lump, add some water or dirt, and then start over. As pieces of clay we must understand that the more we try to take control, the more we will find ourselves back at the beginning, but if we will just allow ourselves to be molded into the people that God is calling us to be, we will be able to have life and live it in abundance right in the middle of His will.

- God, I want to be the type of clay that is easy to mold into the vessel that You desire. I want to be the type of clay that is formed quickly and cooked properly the first time that so that instead of wasting my time being re-molded and re-fired, I can move on to doing and succeeding at all that You have called me to do! -

No comments: