Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Day 225: Jer 5:1 - 7:33

It's so terrifying to imagine the idea of God turning His back on His people. And yet, even though we know that God didn't permanently turn His back, there was an obvious result that came about from Him turning His back. I don't know how close He is to turning His back on our society, but I know that I definitely don't want to be around to see it. We have already built such a society of destruction and danger, I can't even imagine what would happen if we were left completely alone. And that idea is the very thing that should fuel us as a body of believers to pray for our nation and for those leading our society. I don't care what time period we're in, there have always been and there will always be corrupt people in charge, but it's our job as Christians to stand firm and seek God's face so that He doesn't turn His back on us. There are plenty of people working very hard to ruin it for us, but we must always remember that "Stronger is He that is in me than he that is in the world!"

- Lord, give me the strength to continue to stay faithful to You. Help me to never stop praying for this nation and the people leading our society. You are a faithful God and I know that with Your help, we can be faithful children. -

No comments: