Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Day 206: Ecc 7:29 - 12:14

Although there are alot of things I could say about this book, the last 2 verses of the book really sum it up quite nice. Although there are ups and downs, pros and cons, good times and bad times, the bottom line is that we are called to fear and obey God. I don't know how much time is wasted worrying about and working on pointless earthly projects, but that is not what God has called us to. Instead of stressing out and panicking about fleeting things in this life, we need to look up and look around us. This passage made such a wonderful point about how a living dog is better than a dead lion. As long as we're alive, we at least have one advantage over the dead. Whatever God had called them to, they can no longer pursue it. Whatever they were supposed to do has either been done or it hasn't been, but whatever happened happened and that's the end of their story. We are still alive and as long as there is breath still in our lungs, we have the opportunity to do what God has called us to. So instead of focusing on what our limitations or hindrances are, we can focus on the opportunities and advantages that come from being alive for the short time that God has given us.

- Lord, help me to live a life more optimistic and encouraged. Although things may not always be going perfectly, I am still alive and I still have the opportunities to change those things. Help me to keep my focus on loving others and help my decisions to be influenced by them and not my own selfish motives. -

No comments: