Thursday, March 5, 2009

Day 201: Prov 22:13 - 24:33

You know, whenever I think about the book of Proverbs, what usually comes to mind is really big, deep theological statements and scenarios and complex principles by which to live our lives. But after reading the many chapters that I've read in Proverbs so far, I realize that God isn't just concerned with the huge decisions that will seem to affect everything in our lives, He's also concerned with the smaller things that may have more of an impact than we think. I remember years ago getting into an argument with someone who seemed to think that God was too big and too busy to waste His time being concerned with the "smaller" details of our lives such as where we worked or who we were friends with. What we must remember and understand is that God knows that the big decisions and directions that we take in this life are oftentimes the result of how we handle the smaller choices that have much more of an impact on our lives than we may have first suspected.

- Father, give me guidance to make the right decisions even when it comes to the small things in life. I don't want to just be generally doing the right things in life, I want every single decision I make to be perfectly lined up with Your will for me. -

No comments: