Thursday, March 19, 2009

Day 216: Is 33:24 - 37:37

This part of Isaiah is interesting because although most of the book so far has been prophecy, we see a little bit of narrative added in. I really enjoy reading this story because the simplicity of it is so obvious and yet sadly unexpected. It seems like in this day and age, Christians all over the world are being confronted with "Assyrian kings" of their own each and every day. We stand and see obstacles looming high over head and the first natural thought to enter our minds is how impossible it would be to defeat that enemy. Some Christians decide to try to fight it using their own intuition and know-how. They think that they can outsmart the enemy and figure their own way out of this mess. Others are instantly convinced that they have absolutely no hope against these enemies and they immediately lie down and die. But sadly, only a few have the wisdom and faith enough to do like Hezekiah and bring it to the Father and let Him take care of it. We need to stop stressing and worrying about our situations and understand that if we will turn to God first, we'll be able to save alot of time and heartache.

- Father, You know that my natural tendency is to stress out and try to figure things out on my own, but I know that if I will turn to You first, You will be faithful and spare me the pain and frustration of doing it on my own. My job is not to take care of it on my own, my job is to trust in You and allow You to work through these hands. -

No comments: