Saturday, February 28, 2009

Day 191: Psalms 135:1 - 139:23

I love Psalms 36 because of the obvious recurring theme throughout the chapter. There are many different translations and they each say it differently, but the message is very clear. God's love will never fail. Although that would seem like somewhat of a simple concept, it's really one that we may never be able to fully wrap our brains around. We live in a world full of failure. We live in a place where every single thing, even human love and affection will eventually die and disappear. Even if I tried, there is no possible way I could compare the love that God has for us with anything on this earth. The bottom line is, the Psalmist could repeat the same phrase over and over, write entire chapters trying to explain it, or even write an entire book simply repeating that phrase and there's still nothing that would be able to adequately describe the depth and beauty of the love that our Father has for His children.

- Lord, as much as a human could comprehend love, I realize that I will never fully grasp the love that you have for me. But I just want to thank You for loving me and I know that you don't require us to understand it in order to receive it. You will always love me no matter what happens. You don't simply offer us the gift of love, You are Love. -

No comments: