Thursday, February 5, 2009

Day 170 - Psalms 34:1 - 37:26

I love to read about the justice that David talks about it these passages. It can sometimes be difficult to fully understand what "justice" he's talking about in these verses, but the psalmist isn't talking about justice that we deserve on our own because of who we are. He's talking about the kind of justice we deserve because of Who God is. As true as it may be that the only "just" way for us to be treated is punishment, when we turn to God, He completely justifies us and treats us like His own children. And we know that a good father doesn't allow his children to be picked on. A good father always makes sure that his children are taken care of and provided for. A good father always disciplines his children, but he is also always right there waiting for them to turn to him and love him again. A good father doesn't sit back and watch as his children slide and stumble through life. A good father will always be there, will always keep his word, and will never leave us nor forsake us. 

- Lord, You are my father and I trust You to be there like a good father will always be. Help me to learn from current situations and listen to You speak to me through them. Thank You for never leaving me and for always being my provision. -

No comments: