Saturday, February 7, 2009

Day 176: Psalms 68:1 - 70:5

In the book of Psalms, there are alot of places where we get a very deep sense of the size and the power of our Lord. It seems like sometimes when we think of God, we think of Him as our helper and as one who takes care of us and blesses us. We think of Him as that still small voice inside and as the one who leads us and shows us which way to go. But we oftentimes forget about the immense power and glory that He embodies. We serve a God who holds the entire universe in the palm of His hand. We serve a God who could destroy everything we have ever known in the blink of an eye. We serve a God more powerful and greater than any atomic bomb the could ever be created, and yet we also serve a God who loves and cares for each and every one of us. He has the power and the authority to do or love anything He wants and yet He's chosen to come down and love us. If that doesn't make you feel special, I don't know what ever could.

- Father, thank You for loving me and taking care of me despite the fact that I am just a small speck in this huge universe. You have more power than anyone could ever imagine and I am so thankful that You would be willing to take that power and bless me simply because You love me! -

No comments: