Sunday, February 15, 2009

Day 181: Psalms 89:1 - 91:16

Psalms 91 has always been my favorite chapter in this book, so naturally, I'm gonna focus on that. There is so much deep truth in this chapter that I think alot of people are totally unaware of. So many Christians out there seem to have this warped idea that we're all on our own and that God will be there when things are going good, but when things start to fell apart, we have to make it through to we can make it back to Him. But in this passage, we learn the amazing truth that God is right there with us in the storm and all we have to do is get under His wing and He'll protect us. My favorite verse of this passage is definitely vs 13 where it talks about God giving us the power to stomp on the lion and snake. I know I've walked down many a path with a few stakes and lions on it, and I'm sure there are many to come, but if I will just put my faith in Him, He will give me the power to crush everything in my way.

- Lord, thank You so much for the protection that You offer us. This can be a scary world and the enemy is always out to hurt us, but I know that we can stand confident knowing that You will always be there to hold us and send Your angels to protect us whenever we fall. -

No comments: