Saturday, February 21, 2009

Day 186: Psalms 108:10 - 114:8

I love reading passages like this one that contain verses about God's blessings as well as His cursing. If there's one thing we can get from this passage is that God doesn't do anything half-way. When the Psalmist asks God to curse his enemies, I don't think he's asking for such extravagant curses because he wants God to go over the top with it. I think the words he uses and the extent to which he expects the curse to fall are because he knows that God doesn't "sort of" curse or bless anything. It's either a total curse or a total blessing. There are alot of things that we encounter in life that could somewhat go either way. There are alot of circumstances that we end up finding ourselves in that could be considered bad and good at the same time, but when God is the one making it happen, you know for sure. And since we're all given the option to choose between one or the other, I think I'll choose the blessing.

- Lord, we see in Your Word time and time again that we've been given an option between life and death, blessings and curses. I stand firm and choose the blessings that You freely offer to those who accept them. And even though the devil will no doubt try and slow me down or change my mind, I know that You will always shower Your blessings on me because You are and will always be faithful. -

No comments: