Friday, February 20, 2009

Day 185: Psalms 106:16 - 108:9

I really like this group of Scripture because it very simply covers a basic principle of the Bible - if you follow God and keep your focus on Him, you'll be blessed; otherwise, you won't be blessed. There are so obviously millions of people out there today who very strongly disagree with that principle. It can sometimes be difficult to understand which way we should go when we see so many people in the world living completely against God's will and they seem to be living these beautiful, rich, blessed lives. The truth is, however, that unless God is at the center of their lives, the extent of their "blessed" way of life lies no deeper than the very thin surface that we can see with our  own eyes. True blessing only comes when we are willing to lay down everything that we would normally consider important and make Him the only important aspect of our lives. Without Him we are nothing.

- Lord, help me to remember to always be thankful for the immense blessings that You have promised me. I know that there can be a certain level of glamor and allure that comes with living according to the world's system, but that also brings worldly consequences that I don't want at all. I know that as long as You are my focus, my life will always be blessed. -

No comments: