Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Day 190: Psalms 122:3 - 134:3

For some reason, I can't help but look at God in the light of a Father when I read these verses. It seems like throughout the Psalms, we see God in so many lights - Father, Protector, Provider, Avenger, etc. It's sad that many people have such a distorted view of God as being their Father. It's no coincidence that more often than not, the father is the one who ends up walking out of the relationship leaving the mother and the children to fend for themselves. Satan knows that if he can ruin the idea of a "father," then people will have a much more difficult time understanding what it means for God to be our Heavenly Father. I've had the wonderful blessing of being raised by an awesome father who is still around today, and yet, even my personal experiences aren't enough to be compared to the type of Father that God is to us. The only way for us to understand it is to get in His Word and find out what He said to us and what He's done for us. I don't consider my dad a wonderful dad simply because of "who he is." He's been a wonderful dad because of the things he's said to me and the things that he's done for me. In order for us to truly know God as our father, we must throw aside any pre-conceived ideas or notions about what a father is and find out what the Bible says about the matter.

- Lord, thank You for being my Heavenly Father. And even though I may have a wonderful example here on earth as a reference, I know that nothing compares to the love that You have shown for me. Help me to understand more of Your deep love for me so that I might be able to truly love You. -

No comments: