Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Day 189: Psalms 119:109 - 122:2

I really like Chapter 121 because it's short, simple and to the point. We need to remember that God is our only source of strength and if we will rely on Him, He will take care of us. It seems to be somewhat of a human condition to think that God wants to watch us squirm and it's all up to us to prove that we can handle whatever life throws at us. There are millions of people all over the world who seem to think that there's some sort of honor in suffering and barely making it through a terrible life, but there is so so much more honor in accepting the fact the we are weak and that our Heavenly Father is the only one who can carry us through everything that the world can throw at us. We need to make the decision to stop wallowing in the troubles of this world and stand up and let God work through us. Although we may be weak, our God is strong and faithful to carry us through anything.

- Lord, although I may be weak on my own, I know that I am strong in You and You are the one who will always be faithful to pick me up and shelter me from the enemy. You are faithful and just and I will always trust in You to carry me through the storms of this life. -

No comments: