Monday, February 9, 2009

Day 178: Psalms 75:1 - 78:43

It seems to be a recurring theme in the book of Psalms that the writer feels like he's at the end of his rope, like there's no hope for him to ever get out of this situation, and then God shows up. It can oftentimes be difficult to live on human terms and serve a God who never works according to our personal timeframe. I know I have personally faced lots of situations where it felt like God was just too late to be able to fix it. If there's one thing that I've learned about our God, it's that He doesn't usually work according to our deadlines. It's a difficult thing to learn, but true faith isn't based on a particular timeframe or deadline. God works according to His own schedule and His decisions are always based on what it best for His children. The sooner we can learn to just give it up to God and have faith in Him to do what He promised, the sooner we will be able to go out and do what He has called us to do without any fear of failure.

- Father, help me to live my life based on Your timeframe and not my own. I know that there come times when it seems like if You don't do something right now, everything will be ruined, but I know deep in my heart that You know what You are doing and if I will just get out of Your way, You will do what needs to be done. -

No comments: