Saturday, February 7, 2009

Day 173: Psalms 48:14 - 54:6

I think it's interesting in this group of chapters that at the beginning, we see songs written by the Sons of Korah,  at the end we see more songs written by David, but right in the middle we see a chapter written by a man named Asaph. I can imagine as a song-writer in their times, it must have been pretty intimidating  to be writing praise songs to God when men like David were cranking them out every minute. But one of the beautiful things about the book of Psalms is that it's not monopolized by just one writer and his experiences. Asaph didn't write that Psalm because he wanted to express himself and God wanted him to forever be ignored. God wrote that song through Asaph so that His Word could be shared with the entire world. We must never assume that what we have to offer is somehow inferior compared to what the rest of the "super -Christians" might have. The work that God is doing through us is enormous and if we will just let Him work through us, He will make sure that whatever needs to happen will happen.

- Lord, help me not to belittle the gift You've placed inside of me. Although it may not be as flashy and exciting as someone else's gift, I know that You put it inside of me which means that You will make it as huge as You want it to be. I would much rather make a small impact with Your anointing than a huge impact based on my own goals and agendas. -

No comments: