Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Day 169: Psalms 28:8 - 33:22

I love the "all-or-nothing" attitude that David expresses in his writing. Rarely will you ever read something by David that isn't passionate and in your face. I totally believe that just as David was passionate about every word of every line that he wrote, We serve a God who is full of passion. I understand and realize that not everything in life can always been huge and passionate, but God has called us to live a life that searches and yearns for more. I was just talking to a friend of mine today about the fact that life is too short to be caught up in the boring "safe" practices. We aren't called to sit around and let life happen. We are called to step out and make an impact! And although we may not be able to make much of an impact alone, with God working through us, we can live a life that will be full of passion and meaning just the way God intended.

- God, help me to never lose the fire that You've placed deep in my heart. It's hard enough to look past the disappointments and the negative situations in life, but help me to not be pulled down by the boring and mediocre things that can destroy our passion for You. I know that You are passionate for us, and I just pray that you teach us how to reciprocate that passion back to You. -

No comments: