Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Day 74: Josh 15:1 - 17:18

This group of Scripture is somewhat of a difficult one to read because it's mostly names and places that are very difficult to pronounce. The one thing that God has shown me about this passage is this: 5 years prior to this point, the Israelites owned nothing but their own little tents that they had to move and all that was inside their tents, but now each and every tribe has miles and miles of wide open country that God has blessed them with. I don't know about you, but I've gone through times when it felt like all I owned was the clothes on my back and a few meaningless trinkets, but God wants to bless us to the point where it'll take years and years to fully utilize the blessings that He's given us. I can only imagine how the tribes of Israel felt when they first walked onto the land that now belonged to them. They owned land as far as the eye could see, not because of their own works, but because of the blessing of God.

- Father, thank You for being willing and able to expand my boundaries and give me so much more room than I presently have. I will stand firm and follow You till the end because I know that if I will remain faithful to You, You will remain faithful to me. -

No comments: