Friday, October 3, 2008

Day 49: Num 13:13 - 15:19

The moral to this story is pretty straight forward - When we turn our backs on what God has promised us, there's not much hope for success. Something my dad has always said is, "You should never put a question mark where God put a period." All the children of Israel had to do was go up and take the land that God had promised them, but instead they allowed doubt and fear into their hearts and they sealed their fate after God had already offered it to them. How many times have we simply ignored God's open hand because we though it was just impossible for us to accomplish what He called us to? That is why we must always stay vigilant and never back down and when God offers us something, we have to keep strong and hold onto the faith that we have in Him and He is obligated to bring s through to the other side.

- Lord, help me to never question Your Word. It so easy to get scared and think that maybe I'm not hearing you correctly, but help me to always hear and listen when You speak to  me. I know that regardless of what I think or how I feel, if You said that it will come to pass, then all I have to do is believe You and it will happen. - 

No comments: