Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Day 53: Num 23:12 - 26:23

I've always enjoyed the story of Balaam and Balak because it's a wonderful example of how unstoppable we are when we're being obedient to God's Word. I'm amazed at how stupid Balak was. I mean, Balaam blessed Israel the first time, and yet Balak thought that things would be different if he kept trying. This is a great reminder that all we have to do is be faithful to God, and He will take care of everything else. Balaam could've gotten really nervous and worried and he could've just made up a curse for the Children of Israel so that he could collect his money and get out of there without hurting anyone's feelings, but he didn't. Balaam was faithful to do what he believed God was telling him and he pressed on and said exactly what he was supposed to say. I know that if we will be faithful to listen to God and walk through the doors that He opens for us, we can do amazing things for Him regardless of the circumstances around us.

- Lord, help me to take example from this passage and not be worried or affected by the situations around me. Keep me in remembrance of the fact that, as long as I'm following Your Word, You are the one pulling the strings and  if I will submit myself to You, You can do mighty works through me that can change nations! -

No comments: