Monday, October 13, 2008

Day 59: Deut 1:46 - 4:18

One very prominent theme that I see in this passage is the theme of victory. It seems there are some people in this world that think that living a Godly life means making every possible sacrifice and not being able to enjoy success and prosperity, but I'm pretty sure this is a nice example of just the opposite. God doesn't want us to barely make it through life. He doesn't want us to make it to the end having made absolutely no difference on anyone's life because we were too busy failing and trying to catch up. God's will is for us to march forward and take the land that He has ordained for us to take!

- Father, help me to always remember that I am called to be more than a conqueror. Your will isn't for me to barely make it through this life, but You want me to excel and move forward and make a true impact on the world around me. Help me to always remember that and never shy away from what You have called me to do. If You tell me to do it, then You are faithful to give me the tools necessary make it through. - 

No comments: