Saturday, October 25, 2008

Day 70: Josh 2:1 - 5:15

I'm not exactly sure what the Ark of the Covenant is a picture of, but I think it's mostly a picture of the presence of God and it reminds us of the importance of having God in the middle of all that we do. The Levites taking the Ark of the covenant right up to the banks of the Jordan River and walking right through is such a great picture of how our lives should be. It's interesting to note that when the Israelites were standing at the banks of the Red Sea, everyone was in a state of panic and they weren't sure how they would ever get across, but at the banks of the Jordan, God told them what to do and they simply obeyed Him. It's a very important reminder to us that if we will just let God's presence go before us and lead the way, we can have confidence that He'll take care of the obstacles and give us the perfect opportunity to allow God to work.

- Lord, help me to keep my trust in You and to always put You first in all that I do. I know that if I step out into the river alone, I'll be swept away, but if I will put my faith in You and let You go before me, You'll stop the river and allow me to walk through to my destiny on dry land! - 

No comments: