Thursday, October 9, 2008

Day 55: Num 28:31 - 31:18

As gruesome as this story is, the story of the Israelites attacking Midian had a very interesting point. When the army attacked, they killed all of the men and burned the cities to the ground, but they kept the women and children alive. When they returned with the women, Moses was really upset and reminded them that the women were the ones who seduced them in the first place and caused a plague to enter the camp. What I got from this passage is that when God tells us to clean ourselves up or take care of something in our lives, we're responsible for cleaning it all up, not just the major parts of it. If you have a sin problem in your life, God doesn't just want you to "try" to get better and see about removing the major parts of your life in sin, He expects us to totally and absolutely clean ourselves up so that there's no remnant of that old sin in our lives. 

- Father, help me to listen when You speak and help me to do those things that You command all the way too the fullest. Give me the strength to completely obey you and not just carry out the things that are easy and convenient for me. After all, how can I expect You to bless me to the fullest if I can't obey You to the fullest? - 

No comments: