Monday, October 13, 2008

Day 58: Num 35:1 - Deut 1:45

I find the story about the daughters of Zelophehad very interesting and somewhat comforting. Basically, these are girls who, by no fault of their own, have ended up in a situation where they would normally according to the rules not get any sort of inheritance from their ancestors and therefore, their family lineage would end with them. Instead of God just telling them that's the way things go and they'll just have to deal with it, He made an exception to make sure that they were taken care of. I'm not sure how things have been with you, but there have been plenty of times in my life where it seemed that I wasn't from the right family or I didn't have the right kind of money or I wasn't as educated as those around me. It's wonderful to have faith in the fact that God doesn't care about all of the things that the world cares about. What He cares about is loving His children and making sure that they receive the promises He has given them regardless of what the world is throwing their way.

- Lord, thank You for Your willingness to look beyond the situations and to take care of Your children even when it looks like there's no way out. Thank You for making us the priority and not making traditions or rules the most important thing. Help me to always remember that it doesn't matter how things look to me, You love me and You will always provide a solution if I will put my faith in You. - 

No comments: