Saturday, October 11, 2008

Day 57: Num 33:1 - 34:29

Throughout this whole passage, there's one verse that really sticks out to me. It's somewhat of a repeat of what I wrote about a couple of days ago, but I really feel like I should  go ahead and cover it again. The verse says, ". . . But if you don't dive out the native population, everyone you let stay there will become a cinder in your eye and a splinter in your foot." Now, in our society, I don't exactly endorse attacking other groups of people, killing them, and taking their land, but I can compare the native people to worldly living. It's very common to see people get born again and give their lives to Jesus, but alot of times, they don't end up giving their entire lives to Jesus. It can often times be very difficult to get rid of something you're used to just because it's the "right thing," but we need to understand that it's not only right for living a blessed life, it's a necessity. If there are any worldly areas in your life right now that you're holding on to maybe because it's hard to let go, or perhaps you don't really think it's a problem, I very strongly urge you to get rid of them. The truth is, if it hasn't already happened, those issues can and will become a serious cinder in your eye and a splinter in your foot, and although they may not necessarily send you to hell, they can definitely be a  big hindrance to your walk with God.

- Father, reveal to me and areas of my life that may be a cinder or a splinter in my life. I don't want to simply live a life that it comfortable and familiar, I want to live a life under Your blessings so that I can, in turn, go out and bless others. Thank You for giving me the strength to make sure my life is pure so that I can walk in Your blessings all the days of my life! - 

No comments: