Thursday, October 16, 2008

Day 62: Deut 10:1 - 12:32

When God sent the Children of Israel into the promised land, He sent them there to get rid of everything and everyone in their way. At the end of this passage, it talks about the risk of getting curious and finding out more about the people that they were called to conquer. I think there are alot of Christians who have fallen into that trap that the devil has set. Of course, the first thing that comes to my mind is Christian musicians. Regardless of what genre or style they play, the bigger they get, the more exposure they get to new things. I've seen and heard of so many Godly men and women "making it big" in the music industry and totally spoiling it all on drugs and all sorts of other things. The fact that all of that happened in no way means that it was against God's will for them to become professional musicians, it just means that they allowed themselves to be distracted and they looked towards the new "opportunities" and "experiences," and lost sight of God. We must remember that God is going to send us into places where we must be strong in order to spread His love and the message that He wants us to spread. And if we turn our heads for one moment, we could very easily stumble and start on a path that could take years to correct.

- Lord, give me the strength to stay on the path and do exactly what you've called me to do. I know that as I go farther and dig deeper in with You that the devil will begin throwing things at me from all directions, but I know that if I will just keep my eyes on you and not be distracted, You will guide me all the way to the end! - 

No comments: