Sunday, October 5, 2008

Day 51: Num 18:1 - 20:29

It's so easy at times to feel that we have to take matters into our own hands and take care of things our own way. God told Moses to go down to a rock and simply speak to it to bring water forth, but Moses just had to do it his own way, and he payed dearly for it. I'd like to sit and say that Moses was such an idiot for doing that, but to be honest, I think I probably would've done the exact same thing. It's so difficult to just relax and ignore the pressures building up all around us, but God will give us the strength. In my opinion, Moses was totally justified in getting upset and throwing a mini temper tantrum by smacking the rock a few times to show the Israelites how mad he was. Unfortunately, for me and Moses, my opinions have absolutely no bearing on how God makes His decisions. So instead of putting our own spin on how we think things should be handled, we just need to have faith that God knows exactly what He's doing. 

- Lord, I want to do Your will exactly how You say it when You say it. I know I've definitely had the tendency to try to make things happen my own way, but I know that Your way is the only way to get things done. Thank you for showing us step by step what to do and Give me the strength to always follow Your Word. - 

No comments: