Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Day 54: Num 26:24 - 28:30

It seems to me like it's a little early in the story to be introducing Joshua into the mix, but in this passage we read where God tells Moses to pick Joshua as his successor. I think this is a very important part that is sometimes overlooked when we read the Bible. God's intention is not for us to become great leaders and do great things and then just disappear and leave all we did in the dust. It's so easy to get hung up on what I need to do for God and where I'm going and how I'm going to make it happen, but we should always be at the place where there is someone underneath us who we're trying to help, trying to develop, and trying to get them to the place where God is calling them to be. Once principal that I've always believed is that the best way to learn how to get better at something is to teach it to someone else. God doesn't just want us to live our lives for ourselves, He wants us to reach out and disciple others so we can all reach God's call on our lives together.

- Father, show me someone that I can work with as a mentor. I don't want to go the rest of my life being focused on myself and my agenda, but I want to know that I'm helping someone else get where they need to be. Just like You're concerned with me and where I'm going, I want to be able to help get someone else to the calling that You've placed on their life. -  

No comments: