Monday, October 27, 2008

Day 72: Josh 9:1 - 11:22

I love these verses because they simply show what can happen when you follow God and rely on Him to push you forward. It's so awesome to think that God helped the Children of Israel in so many ways because He made them a promise and they acted on it. Not only did He give them an incredible plan to surround their enemies and ambush them from behind, but He was also willing to do exactly what Joshua asked and make the sun and the moon stand still long enough for the Children of Israel to win a total victory over their enemies. These victories were of a scale that the Israelites just dreamt about only months before and now God was making it all a reality because they were confident in what God promised them and confident in the anointed leader that God provided them with.

Lord, I want to see this sort of victories in my life just as the Children of Israel did. I haven't exactly been wandering in the wilderness for 40 years, but I've definitely seen a little bit of the desert and I'm ready to march into the land of milk and honey that You've promised me. Help me to keep my confidence in You and to stand firm behind the leaders that You've put in my life so I can march into the Promised Land and take it all! - 

No comments: