Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Day 60: Deut 4:19 - 6:24

We see in these passages a very important and fundamental subject of Scripture - The sovereignty of God. This passage is just a wonderful reminder of the fact that we serve a jealous God and that's all there is to it. God desires to be the only One that we will ever serve and He makes it very clear in these passages that we will never know true love, success, or peace unless we are following him. Another part of this passage that really meant alot to me is the part where He talks about God's ready willingness to accept us back whenever we're ready. The fact is that God doesn't really need us, we're the one's who need Him, and that's how it will always be. I personally love the picture of a merciful God pointed out in Chapter 4 verses 29 - 31. He is a God who is above all a compassionate God.

- Lord, help me to never stray from You. Give me the strength to keep following Your Word and never let go of the things that You've given me. Show me the words to say and the actions to take to spread Your love to those around me and help me to communicate to them the fact that if they are willing to come back to You, You are more than willing to accept them. - 

No comments: