Monday, October 6, 2008

Day 52: Num 21:1 - 23:11

Here we see a very interesting paradox that I've never noticed regarding the Children of Israel. One would initially assume that if the Israelites were cursed and prevented from moving into the promised land, that the 40 years prior to them entering would be full of terrible losses and  curses, but we see in these passages that even in the dark times of living outside the initial will of God, these people were blessed! Now, of course, these blessings that they were enjoying were in no way comparable to the blessings that they would've seen had they just been obedient to God, but nonetheless, when God's blessing is on you, you can't escape it. I can only assume that at some point, I probably would've been OK with just living in the wilderness. I mean, according to these passages, the children of Israel were kicking tail and taking names! But we always need to remember that although God is a merciful God and He will allow us  to be blessed even after we've ignored His Word, there's no better place to be than right in the middle of His will.

Father, help me to stay put right in the middle of Your will. It's easy to get distracted and content with the smaller blessings that come with the simple favor that You've placed on our lives, but I don't want marginal blessing. I want to be blessed more than I can handle. I don't just want to be successful, I want to be blessed with a blessing that can't fade with the changing seasons. I don't want to wander in the wilderness for 40 years, I am going to be bold and have the Faith of God and do what You've called me to do!

No comments: