Sunday, October 5, 2008

Day 50: Num 15:20 - 17:13

Here we see a classic example of the dangers of rebellion. You know, there is definitely a time to confront a spiritual leader if they truly are operating outside of the anointing and doing things for their own benefit, but we must always understand that that's God's call, not ours. I've seen so many people in the body of Christ fall away because they weren't able to simply submit to a spiritual leader and let God take care of the rest. We must always understand that it's not our responsibility to make sure the pastor is in line. God is responsible for making sure that happens, and I've also seen plenty of examples where God took care of pastors who weren't following Him - and He didn't "take care of it" by getting a group of people to run the pastor out of town. My point is this, our hearts must always be aimed towards God and not towards what our emotions or our opinions tell us. If we will focus on God, He will tell us when to speak up and when to keep our mouths shut.

- Lord, help me to not allow rebellion to enter my heart. I've seen it happen in my own heart and I've seen it happen in others and it never ends well. Help me to keep my eyes fixed on You and remind me that even if I'm not being treated right at the moment, Your Word says that vengeance belongs to You, not me. -

No comments: