Saturday, October 11, 2008

Day 56: Num 31:19 - 32:42

Once again, I learned something totally new about the Children of Israel that I didn't know before. I had always assumed that all of the Israelites went ahead and moved into the promised land when it was time. In this passage, we learn that the tribes of Gad and Reuben had an interesting request and God granted that request. Instead of moving into the promised land with the rest of the Israelites, they asked if they could go in with them and help them defeat the people there, but once all that was done, if they could move back into part of the land that they had wandered through. And believe it or not, God granted their request and allowed them to do that! I'm not sure why this story surprised me as much as it did, but it's so amazing to see God's willingness  to satisfy some of our hopes and dreams as long as we are willing to obey His Word. Something that we sometimes fail to remember is that God's number one concern is us, and although He's not willing to give into each and every one of our selfish, humanistic requests, He is willing to listen to us and make Us happy as long as our number one objective is Him. 

- Father, help me to remember that You truly do love me and You love to bless me. I understand that my desire should always be to seek You first and if I will, You will make everything else happen. Thank You loving me and for blessing me even though there's nothing I could ever do to deserve it. -

No comments: