Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Day 67: Deut 28:1 - 29:28

If there's one passage in the entire Bible that spells out the contrast between following God and rejecting God, it's this one. God couldn't have done a more convincing job explaining to His children the consequences of turning away from Him. Although it's easy to read this passage and think, "Oh, that was back when people were under the law. None of that stuff applies to us." But the fact is, although we do live under God's grace and we don't necessarily have to be afraid of following every single rule to the T, if we reject our Heavenly Father and turn to our own devices and do only the things that we want to do, all of the things listed in these passages can and will be released into our lives. I don't know about you, but I want the blessings.

- Lord, help me to not turn away from You. In this day and age, it's easy to get distracted and justify turning a deaf ear to Your Word, but I know that there's no excuse for leaving You. I want the blessings that You have promised, not the curses. I want to be able to tell my children that I did all You told me to do, and not for my children to tell someone else that their parents were destroyed because they wouldn't obey God. I choose the blessing! -

No comments: