Thursday, October 2, 2008

Day 48: Num 10:15 - 13:12

Isn't it funny how God always knows what's best for us? Unfortunately, sometimes it takes a a while for us to realize that. The ironic part of this story is that although God knew what was best for the Children of Israel, He was still willing to give them exactly what they asked for. Instead of being thankful to God for all of the amazing blessings that He gave them, they ended up sitting around whining about not having any meat. Well it turns out that God heard their complaints and gave them exactly what they wanted - piles and piles of meat. In fact, God gave them so much meat that they ended up gorging themselves on bad meat and some of them even died. The lesson here is pretty simple. Instead of complaining to God about the blessings that we haven't seen yet, maybe we should just learn to thank Him for what He has given us and there's no telling the extent of His blessings.

- Lord, help me to not take for granted the blessings that You've given me. It's easy to have the "grass is greener on the other side" mentality, but I know that the only place I want to be is right in the middle of Your blessings. Thank You for all of the blessings that You've given me and for all of the blessings You will give me if I'll just keep my eyes on You. -

No comments: