Thursday, November 27, 2008

Day 103: 2 Sam 23:39 - 1 Kings 1:52

I always have somewhat of a difficult time reading stories like this one at the beginning of the book of 1 Kings because it's so hard to understand how such secrecy and dishonesty could be incorporated into God's big plan. The only thing I can really come up with is the fact that although God may not have necessarily orchestrated the events leading up to Solomon being anointed as the King of Israel, Solomon's was God's man for the job, and He will take advantage of any opportunity to make His will happen. There are alot of things that happen in life outside of the will of God, whether by the devil or just through the hands of selfish, sinful men, but regardless of the motivation or reasoning behind them, God can take any negative situation and turn it around to work for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. 

- Lord, help me to remember that You can take any situation and turn it into something amazing as long as my eyes are on You and as long as I am striving to do Your will. Help me to always have faith in You and not worry if something doesn't quite go like I wanted it to. You have always been and will always be so much more faithful than the situations around me could ever be. -

No comments: