Sunday, November 16, 2008

Day 93: I Sam 23:29 - 26:13

Wow, what better reminder that vengeance is from God than reading this passage? I have to be honest and say that I don't think I would have what it takes to be that close to my enemy and have mercy on him. There are so many amazing lessons we can learn from reading about the life of David, and the lesson here is such an amazing reminder that even if someone isn't treating you right and even if they are operating in a sinful way at the time, that doesn't mean that they're not anointed and it surely doesn't mean that it's our responsibility to take matters into our own hands and get rid of them. In this one passage we see three wonderful examples of the importance of leaving vengeance up to God. We saw immediately in the story of Nabal that God will avenge us and I have a pretty good feeling that the story of King Saul will likely end in a similar manner. 

-Lord, help me to never try to take revenge into my own hands. I've learned from the story of David and king Saul that even if it's someone in charge of me treating me like a worthless dog, it's only my responsibility to honor them and I know that when the time is right, You will see to it that I am taken care of and that they get exactly what they deserve. - 

No comments: