Monday, November 10, 2008

Day 84: Judg 20:1 - Ruth 1:21

Although short, The book of Judges holds a very big message and one of the biggest in the entire Bible - God doesn't rely on perfect people in perfect situations to carry out His will. He can use terribly flawed, helpless individuals from horrible situations to carry out His will as long as they're obedient to Him. It seems like alot of times, people think that they have to "get their act together," and make sure everything is perfect before God will use them, but God is ready to utilize us as soon as we're ready for Him. The fact is, it doesn't matter how hard or how long we try, we'll never be able to make ourselves "good enough" for God, so there's really not point trying. We were all born with a sin nature, but God won't let that get in His way. The call of God on our lives isn't dependent on our ability or our own righteousness, the only thing that we can control is our obedience to His will.

- Lord, thank You for being able to use me regardless of my many flaws. I know that You can take any vessel and make it new again, so I ask that You take this imperfect vessel and use me however You want to use it and not simply how I want to be used. All you need from my is obedience and that's all that I can offer. -

No comments: